Friday, May 2, 2008

Thanks for all the concern.

I guess it is time to update my blog as I am getting a lot of emails from some of you concerned that my silence is reflective of some thing not good,
I have been quiet. I have been pretty lazy since being out of the hospital, so there is not a lot to write about.
April 1st Mark, the dogs and I moved back into our seasonal (8month) log cabin. We have been slowly settling in, as it seems that it gets smaller every time we move back!
I am looking forward to the summer weather; hopefully it will help in motivating me to get out and about. I have already received 2 invites to the Lowville Bistro, my favourite restaurant.
Health wise I am doing okay. I still have my feeding tube, but I am also eating as well. The plan is to make sure I am eating enough on a daily basis before the tube is removed. Cancer wise, my CEA level has increased from 4 (in Jan) to 33. I have a CT scan on the 12th of May and then I will meet with the Oncologist to discuss our plan of action. I am sure I will be starting chemo again soon.
Thanks for everyone’s concern, prayers and best wishes as they are greatly appreciated.

5 Comments:

At May 5, 2008 at 8:48 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm happy to read your update Wendy. Wishing you happiness and a wonderful peaceful time at the log cabin with Mark and the dogs.
Wendy

 
At May 5, 2008 at 9:28 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's good to hear from you again. I,too, hope for a good summer but in the meantime I will enjoy today.
Wishing you the best always.
Christine

 
At May 6, 2008 at 6:36 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very happy to see your post Wendy. Wish you very good and enjoyable summer.

Saj

 
At May 8, 2008 at 9:03 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wendy ----So glad to read your post.As I said I think of you every day.Will keep in touch.BEV

 
At July 16, 2008 at 8:38 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Wendy, I am a stranger to you but I have followed your story from the beginning, My husband was diagnosed about the same time as you ( he was a little older at 44) I was on line researching, looking for answers and I came across your blog. His treatment has kind of mirrored yours and he is still fighting the battle. You have not posted any news in a long while. I just want you to know that I think about you often and send positive thoughts your way everyday. It is a diffrent journey for everyone. I hope you remain strong and positive. Carol

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home